January 31, 2011

Day 31: Almond Topped Chicken


Note from the Cook:
I was skeptical about this recipe at first because of the lemon juice but it was just enough to give a great flavor. What really made this recipe was, unfortunately, the butter. I thought I had a few favorite chicken recipes that I have been making for years but this has definitely topped them all. And it was EASY to make. Give this recipe and see for yourself what I am talking about.




Almond Topped Chicken
4 raw Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
5 Tbsp Butter
1/3 Almonds (chopped)
*Recipe called for 1/3 cup slivered almonds but chopping my own worked great.
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice

In a skillet melt 2 Tbsp butter and cook chicken for 20-25 minutes (until juices run clear) turning every 5 or so minutes. Set chicken aside and add remaining butter. Cook almonds in butter just until slightly brown (because I chopped my own, I couldn't see the browning so I just cooked it about 5 minutes). Add lemon juice and heat through (may want to reduce heat before adding juice because mine sizzled the minute I poured it in, don't think it made a difference but try for yourself). Top the chicken with almond/butter/lemon juice mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment